Monday, July 20, 2009

Admittedly, a coffee drinker





Coffee has been part of my life, for a long time. When I was a child, I remember the strong aroma of coffee. My mom left me at my grandmother’s home while she was working. “Magdalena” was my neighbor, and I called her Grandma. She drank a cup of coffee every afternoon at the same hour. Of course, I did the same thing at least for my first 7 years at my grandma’s house. We drank “guayoyo”; it’s more water than coffee.
Always, a cup a coffee has been in my hands in each moment of my life. I can’t imagine any other thing. The power that this beverage gives to me is incredible. I drink coffee to wake up or to help me go to sleep, to be happy or to calm my anxiety. I especially drink coffee to think; it is like a motor to my brain.
Not too hot, no too cool, brown, with whipped cream and a little bit of cinnamon on the top. This is my perfect recipe. However, when I drink coffee depends of the weather, hour or the circumstances in my life. For example, from Starbuck coffee store, in the morning I prefer a tall caramel macchiato, and in the afternoon, I like grande peppermint mocha. But after dinner, I like a café bonbon. It is strong black coffee with condensed milk.
Drinking coffee has come to be a ritual for me; I love to put my feet under the table in a public place and a cup of coffee on the table. Can you imagine, a rich and smooth café in an ultra cozy and unpretentious space? And to complete my ideal status, my PowerBook or magazine, on a quiet and rainy afternoon. Definitely, I am a coffee girl, my philosophy is “Life is good, enjoy every sip”.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog. I like your view of pets and coffee.

Jaime Puccini said...

Hermoso relato.